1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
I've been a knitter for almost 25 years.
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
I have a drop spindle from the program we did with our knitting guild. I haven't picked it up since. I know I would get addicted to it and would wind up getting a wheel, so I've been avoiding it.
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
I'm an Indie Yarn Dyer
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
Wool, Merino, Alpaca, Silk
I'm an equal opportunity knitter.
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
Mohair irritates my throat, feels like the fiber is in the back of my throat (ewww). When I can avoid eyelash, fun-fur type yarns I do.
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven't gotten a chance?
I'm up for trying any kind of sock yarn. An awesome color-way is always lots of fun. Trekking, TOFUtsies, Tencel, Noro Sock Yarn. Would also like to try those dyed sock flats.
7. What are you currently working on?
2 pair Felted Slippers
Baby Sweater that needs to be seamed
8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
Nothing I can think of right at this minute.
9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
I'm on my 2nd Yarn Winder, still have the same swift from 20 years ago.
10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
All over the place. One day my needles will be sorted and organized. Don't know when that will be.
11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
I like good dark chocolate. I'm doing Weight Watchers right now, so when I do indulge in chocolate I go with the good stuff.
12. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
My birthday comes after the swap this time