Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hogsmeade

What a week this has been. This is the first chance I've even gotten to write about last weekend in Hogmeade. As things turned out I didn't get to spend much time hanging out with friends while there. Uncle Vincenzio was expecting a very busy weekend and had asked me to help out. It turned out to be even busier than he had expected and I wound up spending the entire weekend working in the shoppe.

While I was bummed out about that at first, Uncle Vincenzio made it up to me. What's happened is cousins Ron and Hermione have developed a lot of wizard technology by combining magic with muggle technology. They've combined the Wizard Wireless Network with something called a DVD player, which you can play these things that the muggles call "disks." Mum and Dad gave me one this past Christmas, so Uncle Vincenzio gave me this whole collection of the American Muggle television show called "Smallville."

It is quite an exciting program, about this bloke who lives in the states, but came from another planet as a little boy. Because he's from another planet he can do things that the muggles can't. But he's not a wizard or anything like that. He doesn't use magic, spells or potions.

My house mates are enjoying it immensely. We've been watching episodes every evening. Although Professor Sprout has warned that none of the Hufflepuffs had better let their school work suffer. So we all get started on homework right after dinner, then we watch an episode.

It's a great gift. Uncle Vincenzio is the best!

1 comment:

Hermione Bagnold said...

OMGosh! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Smallville!!!!!!!!! We own all the seasons...My husband and I watch them together, and since he's deployed, I'm not allowed to keep watching, and we have all of season 7 still before us!!!