Saturday, August 8, 2009

Knit and Crochet Show

Today I went to the market at the Knit & Crochet Show, put on by The Knitters Guild of America and the Crochet Guild Of America. I have to say that I was completely underwhelmed by the whole experience. The market floor was far from packed, while there was a good number of vendors, there was very little that called out "buy me" to me. Plus when I go to these things I don't want to spend my money on something I can get at any one of the local yarn stores. I did wind up getting 2 skeins of hand-painted sock yarn. I was able to resist the Buffalo Yarn at $75 per skein.

What disappointed me was that there seemed to be nothing else going on, other than the $95/3 hour classes. There were no demos, presentations, shows, nor was there a single bit of swag for attendees. I've gone to the Knitters Fair in Kitchener-Waterloo and had a much better time and felt I got more for my admission.

I did run into several members of the Buffalo Knitting Guild, as well as Joan DeBolt who taught our Spring Seminars. I also saw one of the guy I met at the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat.

No comments: