Tuesday, August 25, 2009

End of Summer Camp

We are in the final week of Hogwarts Summer Camp HSKS8. It seems like just a week or so ago that I was in online staff meeting, planning with the other counselors and getting our cabins set up. Where did the time go? HSKS9 is going to be a Quidditch themed swap, which sounds like it could be a whole lot of fun. I may need to sit this next one out though. Once I get everything set up and approved for my Workforce NY training, I'll be starting that and will need to dedicate a whole lot of time to completing that. I'm hoping to know my schedule and have everything in place by the time sign ups start, so I won't make my decision until then.

This weekend I taught my Sock Yarn Dyeing Class at one of the local yarn shops. There were 9 ladies in the class, who were all pretty excited about learning. It was a good mix of people and a good class size. I was able to spend much more one-on-one with each of them compared to last fall when I had a class of 20.

We has a very tasty pasta salad for lunch, made by the shop owner's husband, along with a loaf of homemade bread. I had a glass of white wine with lunch, so I was much more socially lubricated for the 2nd half of the class. Everyone had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing knit up results from those who took the class.

That's all for now....

No comments: