Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hat Dueling - Round 1

It was a close battle, but in the end my dueling partner Arriana Stylos came out ahead. Both of our owls delivered today, but according to the Owl Post confirmation her package arrived 1 1/2 hours earlier than mine. We each got a hat that we love and she will be advancing to the next round. I'll be cheering her on, until she faces a fellow Hufflepuff that is.

This is the hat that I made for Arrianna

Close up of the stitches

Like several duelers, my first hat came out too small. I always go down a needle size when working with worsted weight. This came out small enough for a child's hat. It will go to the Knitting Guild's Charity Knitting

Both hats... see the size difference...

The hat I received from Arriana

Uncle Vincenzio Ricardo thinks he looks devilishly handsome in my new hat!