Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Great Reveal...

I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone had figured this out...

Since HSKS4 has ended and my swap partner has already received her package, I thought it was time to tell everyone who Toni dela Weasley was. I'm actually looking forward to the responses!

Yes, Toni dela Weasley is actually YarnGuy716 on Ravelry, the only male member of the HSKS. When character blogs were being started for the swap I thought it would be a lot of fun, but I knew if I created a young wizard character everyone would know who it was and that sort of defeated the secret swap. So I emailed Jenean with my idea of blogging as Toni. A male who knits in public isn't someone who is insecure with their masculinity, so I was ready to do it. So know I want to know... how successful was I? Did anyone suspect?

The swap was fun and I enjoyed being involved and most of the activities we did. Making stitch markers was a challenge for me, so I'm glad that Nelia liked them so much. I'm also looking forward to seeing what she knits up with the sock yarn as it was my first attempt at dying sock yarn. I do have some hand painted yarns at my Etsy store and will be adding more.
tipofilato.etsy.com

I haven't decided if I'll be coming back for HSKS5. It was fun and I was glad the my kit was so well received. May is just a really busy time of year for me. But who knows... Antonio dela Weasley may be attending Hogwarts for Term 5.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely brilliant!! You had me stumped for sure "Toni". ;o) Very nicely done!!

Hugs!
Minee (ttknits)

Emma Wigworthy said...

I only worked it out the other day when I went spying on the only male in Ravelry who was in HSKS4. You mentioned butterbeer stitchmarkers at your real life blog, and that nailed you!! Well done Toni/Vince - great package. I am a new fan of yours!

Esme said...

Nicely played!

Bella Shacklebolt said...

I saw your picture on the Ravelry post and looked back at the names of the characters and couldn't figure out where "the guy" was.

You were right there in Hufflepuff with me all along!

Definitely had me stumped!

dogyarnfun said...

Just checked out your store. The yarns are gorgeous.

Lady Felula the Forgetful said...

Sneaky! Great idea, I know I never caught on.