Saturday, January 12, 2008

Shopping Today

Mum and I went to Diagon Alley to buy all my school supplies as I will be leaving this weekend for Hogwarts. What was most exciting was going to Olivanders to purchase my very own wand!


Wood type: mahogany
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Kelpie Hair

get your own wand!


I do love it and now I really can't wait to begin classes, learning the proper use and all. I'm also very excited about the Magical Fiber Art courses being offered. From what I've been told it's extremely challenging. My grammie Weasley tells me that many witches (wizards too I would guess) are hard pressed to excel at Magical Fiber Arts. Too often the results are more of a "home-made" look to them, rather than "hand-crafted." While grammie is quite skilled at it herself, she prefers muggle methods for knitting, crochet and needlepoint.

I often go with her to muggle yarn stores and was taught to knit by the ladies at the shop. Grammie and I took our first sock knitting class together, which was loads of fun! In the class we learned to make socks on a long circular needle using a method called "Magic Loop." I picked it up quite quickly and the shop lady who was teaching said I was definitely a natural for Magic Loop. They were all quite confused by the giggled reaction of grammie and I. If they only knew.

Oh! and I almost forgot! I received my owl containing my Swap Kit information. I've been given a very lovely Ravenclaw girl. I've already have an idea for her bag, which I'll be starting soon. I'll be doing some shopping for yarn, needles and stitch markers. It all looks to be great fun! I'm so looking forward to coming to Hogwarts and getting to meet everyone face to face!

Well, lots of packing to be done tomorrow. Then off to the train on Sunday... I really can't wait!

No comments: